Monday 27 April 2009

Candescent on Flickr

In March of this year I travelled to Colombia for a month to research for The Candescent Project's forthcoming exhibition called Green Gold.

My trip had a 'thread of gold' running through it, from Cartagena, the former treasury of Colonial Spain, to Bogotá with its magnificent Gold Museum, Villa de Leiva & surrounds, home to the legend of 'El Dorado' and the Muisca Indians, and Medellin, where the offices of Oro Verde are based. Finally to Chocó, to visit the Oro Verde gold mines.

I have posted images of my trip on Flickr, and whilst writing this blog, I will highlight some of the images and the story behind them. I will also write about the creation of the piece of jewellery that is being made for the exhibition and update on the progress of the painting. It will be a tale of Colombia and my search for a beautiful, ethical piece of jewellery..

Here is a link to my images of Colombia on Flickr. © Tanya Bowd

No comments:

Post a Comment